- COMMERCIAL INVOICE - A minimum of three (3) copies required.
- CERTIFICATE OF ORIGIN - A minimum of three (3) copies required.
For goods claiming GSP treatment, the Certificate of Origin Form A should be used. In the case of the CBI, the same form is used but the words “Generalised System of Preferences” appearing in the two places on the front of the form should be deleted and replaced with the words “Caribbean Basin Initiative”.
- PRO FORMA INVOICE - This may be requested by the importer.
If the required Commercial Invoice is not filed at the time the merchandise is entered, a Pro forma Invoice must be filed by the importer at the time of entry, until the required invoice is produced.
- BILL OF LADING OR AIR WAYBILL - Minimum of three (3) copies required.
- PACKING LIST - Required. This list should indicate exactly what is in each box, barrel or package making up the shipment.
- OTHER DOCUMENTS
A wide range of goods requires special certificates. Consultation should be made with the US importer and the specific US Agency for detailed information and guidance, as well as for any changes to the laws and regulations under which these commodities are controlled:-
- Cheese, Milk and Dairy Products
- Fruits, Vegetables and Nuts
- Insects, Wildlife and Pets
- Livestock and Animals
- Meat and Meat Products
- Plant and Plant Products
- Poultry and Poultry Products
- Arms, Ammunition, Radioactive Materials
- Food, Drugs, Cosmetics and Medical Devices
- Household Appliances
- Flammable Fabrics
- Electronic Products
- Gold, Silver, Currency, Stamps
- Pesticides, Toxic and Hazardous Substances
- Textile, Wool and Fur Products
Harmonized Tariff Schedule 9802.00.80
HTS 9802.00.8060 (formerly TSUS 807) provides duty reduction for articles assembled abroad in whole or in part of fabricated US components that meet the specified criteria. For products assembled, processed, or manufactured in whole form, 100 percent US components and ingredients (other than textiles and apparel articles which are subject to textile agreements, and petroleum and related products), the article will qualify for duty-free entry under CBI, even without qualifying under the thirty-five percent (35%) value added and substantial transformation requirements under HTS 9802.00.8040.
The following documentation is required for re-exporting to the United States under HTS 9802.00.8040 and 9802.00.8060:
- Commercial Invoice;
- Foreign Assembler’s/Processor’s Declaration (usually provided by the U.S Importer)
- Endorsement by the Importer (usually provided by the U.S Importer)
- Packing List (if the shipment is uniformly packed, contents should be clearly stated on the Commercial Invoice); and,
- Updated cost and assembly data (normally, US Customs brokers submit a value statement for each shipment).
- WEIGHTS AND MEASUREMENTS - Imperial System