COMMERCIAL INVOICE - Minimum of four (4) copies required. In addition, the Canada Customs Invoice is required for shipments valued at CAN$1200 and over. However, many Canadian importers require that the Canadian Customs Invoice Forms be provided, even though the shipment is valued at less than CAN$1200. Shippers are advised to comply with such requests.
CERTIFICATE OF ORIGIN - Three copies required. The GSP Form A is required for shipments under CARIBCAN AND GSP.
- PRO-FORMA INVOICE - Not necessarily required. This may be occasionally requested.
- BILL OF LADING OR AIR WAYBILL- Required for each Shipment. There are no regulations specifying the form or number required for any particular shipment.
- PACKING LIST. This is sometimes required to supplement the Commercial Invoice.
- OTHER DOCUMENTS. Sanitary and other certificates issued by the appropriate government agency in the country of origin are required for some types of products entering Canada. Examples include plants, seeds, animals, pharmaceuticals, nursery stock, meat and many other foods. A check with the importer will confirm the items for which these certificates are necessary.
- WEIGHTS AND MEASUREMENTS - Metric System